If you’re running a site with WordPress, it’s important to keep your themes and plugins up-to-date. Outdated software can leave your site vulnerable to attack, so it’s crucial to stay on top of the latest updates. Fortunately, updating your themes and plugins is a relatively simple process. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to keep your WordPress site running smoothly.
How to Update WordPress Themes and Plugins
To update a WordPress theme, follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. In the left-hand column, if it’s not already selected, hover over the “Dashboard” link and click on “Updates.”
3. On the Updates page, you’ll see a list of all your installed plugins in need of updating and the list of all themes below that.
4.To update your plugins, use the “Select All” checkbox and select the “Update Plugins” button.
5. Maintenance mode will be enabled and you will see a grey screen until the updates are complete. Once completed, you’ll see a success message and you can navigate back to the updates tab.
6. Repeat the process for themes by using the “Select All” checkbox and selecting “Update Themes.”
7. Maintenance mode will be enabled and once the update has been installed, you’ll see a confirmation message letting you know that the process was successful.
Keeping your WordPress site up-to-date is important for security reasons and helps ensure that your visitors have a positive experience when they visit your site. Fortunately, it’s an easy process!